Men's Basketball narrowly falls to #16 Indiana Tech

Men's Basketball narrowly falls to #16 Indiana Tech

(Fort Wayne, IN) – Concordia men's basketball went on the road to Indiana Tech on Saturday afternoon in WHAC play.  The Cardinals fought hard and nearly rallied from a 12-point deficit in the last 3 minutes, but Indiana Tech held on for a 77-71 win.

Kip French led Concordia with 19 points.  Devyn Jones finished second with 13 points.  Zac Clark and Mike Bruce were in double figures with 11 and 10 points respectively.  Nate Brighton had a team-high 7 rebounds.


Devyn Jones opened scoring with a 3-pointer.  Kip French drove for a layup and Jones made a jumper.  The Cardinals continued to hold their lead with baskets from Nate Brighton and Matt LockhartMike Bruce scored inside and a step-back triple from Kip French put CUAA up 16-9 at the 11:02 mark.

Zac Clark knocked down two 3-pointers to keep the Cardinals in front.  Kip French added 4 free throws, but the Warriors took the lead and surged to a 32-26 advantage with 3:07 to play.  In the final minute, free throws from Mike Bruce and a buzzer-beating 3-pointer from Kip French put CUAA down 36-34 at halftime.


Nate Brighton scored around his defender early in the second half.  Zackary Johnson put the Cardinals ahead 39-38 with a triple and Devyn Jones added a 3-pointer.  Johnson and Kip French scored baskets and another triple from Jones gave Concordia a 49-41 lead.  French notched more free throws and a 3-pointer down the stretch and the Cardinals led 54-51 at the midway point.

Indiana Tech moved back into the lead with a 7-0 run.  Matt Lockhart made a fadeaway jumper and Zac Clark added a layup.  However, the Warriors took their largest lead by going up 70-58 with 3:07 to play.

Jayden Priddy began a rally with two free throws and Mike Bruce hit a triple.  Devyn Jones made both free throws after an intentional foul and Zac Clark finished an "and-1" on the extra possession.  After a steal by Jones, Jayden Priddy hit a 3-pointer to cut the deficit to 73-71.  The Cardinals had several chances in the final minute, but the Warriors made their free throws to hold on for the win.


Concordia will travel to rival Siena Heights next Wednesday at 8pm.